Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12047064
Akraya is looking for a “Web Developer” for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call “Harleen” at “ 408-816-2474”. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Java or any other programming language, Search Clusters preferably, Solr, Elastic Search
Duration: 6 Months
Contract Type: W2 or C2C
Come help us build powerful search engines and incredible experiences for millions of Mexico eCommerce users. We' re bringing on talented engineers to help us build a world class ecosystem of search engines, relevance tools, analytics, visualizations, and more. As a Senior Software Engineer for the SolrCloud Platform group, you will lead development of a shiny new multi-tenant search platform. SolrCloud development is Java heavy, and we use a mix of other languages across the stack. Throughout 2019 we will replace four legacy Solr and Endeca search engines with your work.
You will be joining a small, tight-knit, happy team. We are focused on creating a process and environment which fosters lean, repeatable innovation. Our goal is to build best of breed search experiences that delight our customers. We are data driven and take special care in measuring and iterating on our solutions. While we use and love open source, we also file handfuls of patents on our Client ideas. And, we smile and laugh a lot.
Manager' s Ideal Candidate Must-Haves
- Match our Team Culture – We vibe with folks who are friendly, honest, dependable, innovative, customer centric, and data driven.
- High-energy and Self-Driven – We seek energetic teammates who don' t get stopped by circumstances.
- Growth-minded – You are a perpetual student, eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth organization (growing 200+% per year).
- A Good Team Player – You are a confident high achiever, who is nice and respectful to others.
Manager' s Preferred Qualifications (3-5 " nice to haves ")
- MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with search systems
- 2+ years of experience working on search/ranking/relevance problems
- 2+ years experience dealing with search clusters - preferably Solr or Elastic-Search
- Fluent in Java and at least one other programming language
- Experience migrating Endeca or another search tech stack to SolrCloud
- Familiarity with Information Retrieval/NLP/Data Mining/Machine Learning
- Contributor to open source projects
- Experience with large indices (10M+ unique records)
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call “ Harleen” at 408-816-2474
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.