Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12306516
Akraya is looking for a Unified Communications Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Randhir @ 408-907-2970.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Unified Communications, Live Streaming, AV support, Networking
Duration: 6+ Months, possible extension
Contract Type: W2 only
- Preparing sizing estimates to the product teams when new call center offerings are being considered.
- Provide third level support through online ticket system; escalate issues for resolution as appropriate.
- Ability to perform end-to-end troubleshooting for voice, video and UC and AV systems.
- Communicate and liaise with all other Company departments; notify appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations including, but not limited to, outages, service disruptions, and repeated customer complaints.
- Thinking outside the box and develop creative engineering solutions.
- Deep Familiarity on LAN/WAN topologies, protocols, cabling and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with Skype for Business and Unified Communications.
- Knowledge on QoS standards and policies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio for system diagrams and documentation of responsible architectures.
- The ability to communicate effectively while working with internal and external customers.
- Ability to Multi-task and work with minimum supervision and be self-motivated is required.
- An enthusiastic positive attitude towards working in a team environment.
- Interface with customers to gather appropriate details for communications designs.
- Available 24/7 for 3rd level support.
- Assist internal customers in a professional and service driven manner.
- Assist other members of team to complete assignments to meet goals and objectives.
- Proven engineering, documentation and troubleshooting capabilities and thought processes.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Randhir at 408-907-2970
- Minimum 3 years' work experience with Unified Enterprise Systems, in room Video and Telepresence enterprise, Skype for Business, with focus in the areas listed below:
- AV technology deployments for use with VC and streaming platforms.
- Lync\Skype for Business design\configuration\use within a Medium to large company.
- Good oral and written communication skills, good investigative and customer service skills.
- Flexible with processes and the opportunity to create new processes.
- Willingness to enhance knowledge and mentor Operational Colleagues.
- College degree in relevant field preferred, but not required.
- CCNA Collaboration experience.
- Strong Voice\Video\Telecommunication technical skills are mandatory, with exposure\experience with AV troubleshooting and off-net diagnostics.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.