Job Category: Logistics & Supply Chain
Job Number: 12475603
Primary Skills: "Transportation Planner" OR "Load Plan", Logistics OR Shipping, JDA OR Manhattan OR TMS
Duration: 6-12+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Create/Manage daily load planning process for Atlanta warehouses using TMS application.
- Work with Warehouse Operation teams to resolve load plan issues and facilitate on time shipping. This will be done through use of both systemic and manually developed solutions.
- Liaise with Warehouse and Transportation Managers to develop and drive cost savings initiatives within the network, seek innovative opportunities to streamline processes, and make recommendations to automate & improve efficiency while maintaining exceptional on-time service.
- Identify and communicate any exception/at-risk shipments, and develop/offer solutions to ensure timely flow of goods.
- Manage carrier partners to ensure daily execution of all movements, review performance and develop/design improvements to the supply chain, based on business priorities. Serve as the key operational contact for building teams, downstream and carrier partners.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Aman at 408-907-3219
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-2 years of Logistics Experience- preferably in a transportation planning role or operational cross dock environment. Will consider appropriately qualified candidates in lieu of college degree.
- Strong communication skills. Able to clearly define complex thoughts in writing. Able to adjust communication style and level of detail to flex between senior executives through front line associates.
- Highly responsive. Proven track record in building relationships and handling operational exceptions with appropriate communication, and levels of engagement.
- Experience with JDA, Oracle, Manhattan or similar TMS, highly desirable.
- Experience with excel is preferred.
- Excellent critical thinker and problem solver. Demonstrated examples of process improvement and KPI measurement and reporting.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.