Atlanta - Fairbrun,
Job Category: Administrative & Clerical
Job Number: 12185757
Akraya is looking for a Transportation Planner for one of our award-winning clients. You will work on next-generation technologies with some of the brightest people around. This company is consistently ranked as one of the top places to work in the US. To be considered, please apply directly or call Aman at 408-907-3219. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: " Transportation Planner" OR " Load Plan", Logistics OR Shipping, JDA OR Manhattan OR TMS
Duration: 6-12+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Aman at 408-907-3219.
- Create/Manage daily load planning process for Atlanta warehouses using TMS application.
- Work with Warehouse Operation teams to resolve load plan issues and facilitate on time shipping. This will be done through use of both systemic and manually developed solutions.
- Liaise with Warehouse and Transportation Managers to develop and drive cost savings initiatives within the network, seek innovative opportunities to streamline processes, and make recommendations to automate & improve efficiency while maintaining exceptional on-time service.
- Identify and communicate any exception/at-risk shipments, and develop/offer solutions to ensure timely flow of goods.
- Manage carrier partners to ensure daily execution of all movements, review performance and develop/design improvements to the supply chain, based on business priorities. Serve as the key operational contact for building teams, downstream and carrier partners.
- Bachelor’ s Degree plus 1-2 years of Logistics Experience- preferably in a transportation planning role or operational cross dock environment. Will consider appropriately qualified candidates in lieu of college degree.
- Strong communication skills. Able to clearly define complex thoughts in writing. Able to adjust communication style and level of detail to flex between senior executives through front line associates.
- Highly responsive. Proven track record in building relationships and handling operational exceptions with appropriate communication, and levels of engagement.
- Experience with JDA, Oracle, Manhattan or similar TMS, highly desirable.
- Experience with excel is preferred
- Excellent critical thinker and problem solver. Demonstrated examples of process improvement and KPI measurement and reporting.
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.