Akraya is looking for a Thermal Test Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply directly. To follow up with any questions, please contact Aman at 408-907-3219.
Akraya is the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. In fact, we were recently named "Best Staffing Firm to Work For" by Staffing Industry Analysts. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Thermal Testing, Linux, lab safety, networking concepts, Airflow testing (thermocouples, tachometers, stroboscope, flow chamber)
Duration: 6 Months+
Contract Type: W2
The Ideal candidate will assist our engineers in development and evaluation of new products.
The candidate will use their electrical, networking, mechanical, and software fundamentals to
thermal test various data center hardware in our R&D labs. The various projects may involve
testing component level heat sinks and TIMs to system level servers and networking hardware. :
- Bring-up complex thermal test benches and execute testing: Generate scripts to controlsystems and data collection in a Linux environment. Thermocouple instrumentation. Mockup air ducting. Utilize power supplies, network, software, and data collectors.
- Generate test reports: Document test data onto test matrix spreadsheets and give feedback as necessary.
- Enforce lab safety and general housekeeping.
- AS degree in Computer/Mechanical/Thermal Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in a hardware R&D lab environment.
- Linux fluency (navigation, file structure, permission settings, script modifications).
- Worked with enterprise hardware (servers, switches, routers).
- Understanding of networking concepts.
- General EE knowledge (know how to measure power, understand R&D safety).
- Lab equipment (know how to use basic testing tools: data acquisition units, clamps, power supplies, cabling, hand tools, signal generators etc).
- Airflow testing (understand testing methodologies and equipment used; thermocouples, tachometers, stroboscope, flow chamber).
- Clearly present information both orally and in written format to all levels of engineeringindividuals.
- Possess an aptitude to understand dynamic test benches and able to make modifications as necessary with little direction.
- Ability to write scripts.
- Understand control systems and automation: Understand flow chamber testing and ability to implement test automation by controlling motors, power supplies, function generators, data collectors, and other test equipment.
- Understands networking principles: TCP/IP, Physical and network layers of OSI Model, SSH, Telnet.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Aman at 408-907-3219