Job Category: Quality Assurance and Testing
Job Number: 12278707
Akraya is looking for a Test Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Partha at 408-512-3153.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Manual testing, web application testing, automation testing, Jira, python, Selenium
Duration: 7 Months with possible extension
Contract Type: W2 Only
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Software Test Engineer is primarily responsible for testing iOS and Web applications using manual and automated tests to ensure that products are safe and effective, and meet design and user requirements.
- Knowledge of setting up a Perfecto private or public cloud to run selenium tests on iOS devices in the cloud.
- Knowledge of setting up a CI pipeline to enable execution of test scripts on a scheduled basis.
- Develop automation scripts using Appium or similar tools for iOS and Android applications.
- Knowledge of building and debugging application using Xcode.
- Responsible for software testing, including iOS, Web, security and networking.
- Conduct testing per released test protocols
- Write and release software unit test reports
- Write and release final test reports
- Work with build and release engineer to test new software releases using Jenkins.
- Responsible for creating automated test scripts for REST API calls using scripting or tools like Postman.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Partha @ 408-512-3153
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering or Computer Science, with minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Proficiency with using cloud-based technology to minimize manual testing efforts including: Perfecto, Sauce Labs and other similar tools.
- Proficiency in Appium and Selenium Web driver.
- Basic knowledge of TestNG, Maven, Junit and GitHub.
- Basic knowledge of scripting in Linux/Unix environment.
- Basic knowledge of scripting using Python.
- Experience with compiling and recording crash reports for the iOS application
- Proficient with various types of software testing including: unit testing, smoke testing, integration testing, interface testing, system testing and regression testing.
- Proficiency in Java coding and development of automated tests in the Linux or Windows environment.
- Proficiency in setting up and maintaining frameworks for web and iOS applications.
- Knowledge of defect tracking system JIRA.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to define goals and work independently.
- Desired: experience with development and testing of medical device products.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.