Job Category: Editorial, Writing, & Content Management
Job Number: 11666202
Akraya is looking for a Technical Writer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call PRAKRATI at 408-816-2400. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Technical Writing, DITA and XML DITA
Duration: 1 year (Temp. To Hire)
Contract Type: W2 Only
- 5-9 Years of Experience. Designs, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia, mobile or web-based publication.
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
- May document engineering processes and specifications. Recommends and implements formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Produces materials that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Confer with subject matter experts including Software Developers, Product Managers, Support, and Sales to establish technical specifications and use cases to determine subject matter to be developed for publication.
- Research, gather, and analyze data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, product managers) to develop content.
- Develop information development and publishing strategies aligned with the department standards as well as to meet project-specific requirements by consulting with the Technical Publications leadership team and the cross-functional product team.
- Develop world-class product information with simple and concise English by organizing ideas and translating complex technical terms into information any reader (both native and non-native English readers) can understand.
- Clarifying terminology and work with software developers for achieve consistencies in the product and documentation.
- Work with the Product Design (UX) team to define voice and the tone of the product with emphasis on grammatical accuracy.
- Participate in all feature sprints, print retro, and planning meetings.
- Participate in product design reviews. Review product design and UI and revise UI messages.
- Manage and lead multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with other writers.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Develop scripts (narrations) for how-to and feature videos by working with the cross-functional team (Dev, PM, Marketing, Sales, Video Producer) and orchestrate a video development project.
- Proactively seek solicit feedback from internal and external readers. Analyze and prioritize technical feedback from various audiences and drive necessary changes into documentation or products.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call PRAKRATI at 408-816-2400
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science, or other relevant fields.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear way.
- Strong technical aptitude to learn products by hands-on experience.
- Must have excellent writing skills, 7 + years of experience in software documentation, online publishing, online help development, API documentation, installation and user guides, release notes.
- Proven technical writing and editing skills. Superior command of the English language including rules and usage
- Experience with API tools, such as Swagger.
- Proficiency in DITA, XML, MS Visio, and Adobe Acrobat is a must.
- Proficiency in SDL Tridion Docs (formally SDL Content Architect) or another Component Content Management System (CCMS) is a must.
- Strong understanding of topic-based authoring and reusable information architecture is a must.
- Experience with agile software development process and tools, such as JIRA and Confluence is a must.
- Experience with video creation is a plus.
- Experience with MindTouch is a plus.
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.