Job Category: Technical Writing, Editorial & Content Management
Job Number: 12502405
Primary Skills: Technical Writing, API Documentation, DITA/XML, SDL Tridion Docs, CCMS, Swagger or MindTouch experience a plus.
Duration: 12 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
To follow up with any questions, please contact Ashish at 408-816-2401
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science, or other relevant fields.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear way.
- Strong technical aptitude to learn products by hands-on experience.
- Must have excellent writing skills, 5 + years of experience in software documentation, online publishing, online help development, API documentation, installation and user guides, release notes.
- Proven technical writing and editing skills. Superior command of the English language including rules and usage
- Experience with API tools, such as Swagger.
- Proficiency in DITA, XML, MS Visio, and Adobe Acrobat is a must.
- Proficiency in SDL Tridion Docs (formally SDL Content Architect) or another Component Content Management System (CCMS) is a must.
- Strong understanding of topic-based authoring and reusable information architecture is a must.
- Experience with agile software development process and tools, such as JIRA and Confluence is a must.
- Experience with video creation is a plus.
- Experience with MindTouch is a plus.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.