Job Category: Technical Writing, Editorial & Content Management
Job Number: 11914594
Akraya is looking for Technical Writer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Ruhana Shaikh at 408-512-2363. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: API documentation, Jira or agile software, API tools
Duration: 12 Months CTH
Contrat Type: W2 only
- Must have excellent writing skills, must be able to organize their ideas, and be able to translate technical terms that any reader can understand. This person must be able manage and lead multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with other writers.
- As an integral part of cross-functional product teams, this person must learn the products by hands-on experience and must have superb interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear way.
- Confer with subject matter experts and product managers to establish technical specifications and to determine subject matter to be developed for publication. Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, product managers) to develop content.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Liaise with local and remote writing teams and available subject matter experts in the development of assigned documentation.
- Review product design and UI and revise UI messages.
- Conduct interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation. Work with product management, product support, marketing, other SMEs to clarify business requirements and documentation assignments.
- Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based document for non-technical and technical users.
- Analyze and prioritize technical feedback from various audiences and drive necessary changes into documentation or products.
- 3+ years of experience in software documentation, online publishing, online help development, API documentation, installation and user guides, release notes
- 2 + years of experience in writing developer-facing documentation
- Proven technical writing and editing skills. Superior command of the English language including rules and usage
- Experience with API tools, such as Swagger.
- Proficiency in DITA, XML, MS Visio, and Adobe Acrobat is a must.
- Experience with video creation is a plus.
- Experience with MindTouch and SDL Knowledge Center is a plus
- Familiarity with microservices architecture, Docker containers, Kubernetes is a big plus.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Ruhana at 408-512-2363
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.