Job Category: Editorial, Writing, & Content Management
Job Number: 11692286
Akraya is looking for a Technical Writer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly to Sherwin Gardner at 408-338-6119.If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Technical Writing, MS Office, Visio, Documentation for all phases of Drug Development
Duration: 12 Months
Contract Type: W2 only
This position involves documenting processes, activities, check lists, user manuals and other documentation for all phases of Drug Development projects. The position involves collaborating with and supporting the Process Owners as well as Process Teams to evaluate documentation requirements, identify operating procedures, and create necessary procedural documentation. The objective is to create high level procedural documentation along with supporting documents (Work Instructions and Forms) that will best support all activities within Development Operations
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes information provided by subject matter experts (SME).
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Translates SME information into clear, readable documents and process maps to be used by users
- Ensures consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation.
- Engages in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others.
- Receives text from SMEs and writes documentation in a clear and concise style following company and project style guides
- Ensures documents are technically and mechanically accurate, and consistent with regard to clarity, flow, organization, completeness, and readability
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in technical writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and other document editing software (e.G. Word, Excel and Visio experience required)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Ability to rely on limited knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals
- Process analysis and improvement
- Process mapping and documentation
- Business process management (BPM) facilitation preferred
- Passion for providing a great user experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Proficient in English – verbally and in writing
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Sherwin Gardner at 408-338-6119
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.