Job Category: Technical Writing, Editorial & Content Management
Job Number: 12399540
Akraya is looking for a Technical Writer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply directly. To follow up with any questions, please contact Vaibhav @ 408-907-2733.
Akraya is the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. In fact, we were recently named "Best Staffing Firm to Work For" by Staffing Industry Analysts. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients
Primary Skills: Technical Documentations, Rest API, Markdown.
Duration: 6+ Months (With possible extension)
Contract Type: W2/C2C.
- Write API documentation for API users, such as API reference docs and developer guides. Keep emphasis on documentation that is technically accurate and brings clarity for even complex processes.
- Review documents written by developers / PM’s for a particular API and suggest changes / seek clarity to externalize the same documents.
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code to reduce grounds-up efforts of external developers.
- Develop and use all types of content types (workflows / process schematics / instructional videos / developer consoles) to simplify the user’s understanding of the Open API’s.
- Be the first to respond to developer queries on API forums and put effort to resolve the issue yourself, without needing to check with the core development organization.
- Use your extensive knowledge of the needs of developers and pass this feedback internally to develop the next set of Open API’s.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Vaibhav @ 408-907-2733
- Bachelor degree in computer science, technical writing, core sciences or equivalent experience.
- 5-12 years experience in technical documentation, and / or developer outreach / technology partner management roles.
- Knowledge of tools such as Markdown, JSON tools, XML Tools, Wordpress, Lucid Chart, Visio
- Experience using Git to manage asynchronous collaboration across large and distributed teams
- Experience with authoring documentation in Markdown is must
- Familiarity with API documentation tools such as Swagger
- Knowledge of REST APIs is a must.
- Demonstrate experience in writing and proofreading of content, especially technology related content.
- Ability to organize and create multimedia content to explain use cases and process flows.
- Ability to handle stressful, time critical projects and deliver great user outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate well with various functional areas like product management, business, support, development to generate great content.
- Great communication skills and ability to work well with others is a must.