Job Category: Project / Program / Product Management & Architecture
Job Number: 12020998
Akraya is looking for a Project Manager (Legal, Risk and Compliance Systems) for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Simant at 408-907-2727.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Project Management, Agile/Scrum & Waterfall Methodologies, Product Management, Risk, Legal, Compliance, PMP (Preferred)
Duration: 05+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Partnering with Business and IT Development, manage cross-divisional projects, in remote locations, including:
- Working with business and technology subject matter experts to define AS-IS, TO-BE and identify gaps. Create accurate and inclusive estimates, develop budgets and project plans, participate in User acceptance testing, produce high quality project charters and other planning documentation needed for funding approvals.
- Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation, issues, change control processes, and communicate status to senior executives within the development and business partner organizations.
- Manage and track project budgets, forecasts and schedule to achieve target scope, schedule and cost.
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with client's internal Project Management Methodology and Key Controls. Accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project progress and financial status.
- Provide project teams with expertise, direction, motivation, and encouragement. Direct project team composed of: local and remote teams/resources and external vendors, Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changes in roles and responsibilities.
- Achieve project goals by collaborating with stakeholders at all management levels across client, including architects and strategists, technical IT subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and client’s senior management.
- Demonstrate skills in conflict management and negotiation to achieve project goals and develop trust with stakeholders.
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority.
- Use capabilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations.
- Embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Simant at 408-907-2727
- Minimum of 10+ years of project management experience leading technical teams in the delivery of large and medium scale software development, operational and integration efforts.
- Product Manager experience in Risk, Legal, Compliance applications space is a plus.
- Good understanding of Agile /Scrum and Waterfall approach and comfortable with the role of either Scrum Master, Technical or Functional Project Manager, as per Project.
- Experience in managing and executing large scale global Legal system implementations for Actimize, Content Management and Archer Application.
- .Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels.
- Ability to understand Business needs for Risk and Legal applications.
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation production support, including quality assurance and system integration.
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently while coordinating activities with cross-divisional teams in remote locations.
- Team player; able to communicate with technical and business experts at all levels of the organization.
- Solid analytical skills; able to think strategically.
- A BA/BS or equivalent work experience is required. Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline and/or an MS/MBA is a plus.
- PMP certification is a plus.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.