Job Category: Project / Program / Product Management & Architecture
Job Number: 11781240
The WBW Cisco Returnship is a 16-week paid return-to-work program open to men and women who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the workforce for at least 1 year due to caring for a loved one, raising a child, or other voluntary reasons. If you meet the criteria, we welcome you to apply. You will have the chance to upgrade your skills, build your experience and make valuable connections during this returnship. If this does not apply to you, please share with anyone you feel will benefit from this information.
Title: Technical Program Manager
Location: Milpitas or San Jose, CA
Who You Are
- Minimum Bachelor' s degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Meaningful experience in networking/technology related business, with 4+ years in a Program Management position
- Exceptional teammate with ability to develop and foster multi-functional relationships
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills and ability to work/influence with different levels of management.
- Outstanding written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Practical experience with waterfall or agile development methodologies
What you will do
- You’ ve handled multiple tasks at once and worked independently
- You' ve strong team building skills.
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
You are a Program Manager and will lead multiple initiatives, programs and solutions that align with business portfolio strategy.
- Own full program life cycle from initiation to deployment.
- Develop and manage multi-functional program schedules; identify risks, manage scope and resource changes, and monitor progress against plan.
- Identify, call out and drive resolution of issues that affect program schedule and feature dedications.
- Define, generate and assess performance metrics for the program. Ensure all necessary data are available for critical decision-making.
- Communicate regularly to management and executives on program status, risks and change control.
- Ensure effective communication within the multi-functional teams – Operations, Engineering, Product Management, QA and release management.
- Improve the adoption of core agile principles of teamwork, prioritization and iterative development, team accountability and transparency.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Cisco connects everything: people, processes, data, and things. Cisco innovates everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that gives us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And Cisco does it in style with rare personalities who aren' t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
- Cisco has leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and they even have a few purple haired rock stars. Cisco celebrates the creativity and diversity that fuels their innovation. They are dreamers and doers.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.