Primary Skills: NAS, SAN, Brocade, NetApp, Storage
Duration: 9+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Develops and delivers innovative solutions for a dedicated customer using company products. Defines customer needs and develops a plan and proposal for delivery of the project. Collaborates across multiple internal teams to ensure successful delivery of results based on scope of work. Determines client organization's software, hardware and/or network system requirements and delivers advice on how to acquire technology solutions that are aligned with their business strategy and processes. The resident role is based partially or whole on at the clients site and could be at the direction of the client.
Activities may include:
Resource Skill Sets may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with Hitachi NAS (HNAS) Implementation.
- Assist with design and data migration from NetApp to HNAS platform.
- Provide documentation and run books of processes used in performing activities.
- Perform storage allocation for new and existing systems and clusters.
- Provide technical leadership and coordination for change management tickets and migration plans.
- Plan and coordinate migrations for technology refreshes and new installs on HDS storage.
- Plan and coordinate reclamation of unused LUNS.
- Request fiber cabling for systems to connect to the SAN switches.
- Assist with configuring and reconfiguring enterprise arrays with Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning (“HDP”).
- Assist with Oracle 11g RAC and ASM storage and systems set-ups
To follow up with any questions, please contact Srikanth at 408-907-6419
- Working knowledge with Hitachi Enterprise (G1000 and G1500), Unified (G800 and NAS) arrays.
- Working knowledge of Hitachi storage management products: Hitachi Command Suite, Hitachi Storage Navigator, Hitachi Tuning Manager, NAS Manager, and Hitachi Dynamic Tiering.
- Experience with Brocade director class switches.
- Experience with Hitachi Content Platforms (beneficial).
- Experience with Hitachi NAS (HNAS).
- Business Continuity Services with Skills in HDP, True Copy, Shadow Image.
- Data Migration Skills with HDS and NetApp arrays.
- HDS Storage Layout Skills.
- HDS Tiered Storage Manager Skills.
- Experience with scripting for automation.
- Experience in working in large financial environment.
- Experience in writing documentation and run.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.