Primary Skills: AWS, Azure, GCP, Python, Linux, AppDynamics
Duration: 12+ Months
Contract Type: W2
- Support service team as a 'build' member.
- Drive reliability concepts into cloud service teams to keep critical systems operating effectively.
- Write code and build systems to improve performance and operational efficiency of services.
- Assist operations in addressing issues and solving problems.
- Work with Service Development and Service Quality teams to ensure service reliability requirements meet service objectives.
- Author scripts and templates for setup, configuration and monitoring of critical components of service.
- Develop, update, and maintain testing standards and procedures.
- Interfere and troubleshoot any part of supported services when needed.
- Investigate and solve live performance and stability issues in production.
- Provide dedicated support to individual Service Delivery Engineers and Operations.
- Validate scalability testing results, and test limits of hardware and software.
- Oversee all planned outages, and assist with major upgrades to ensure minimum downtime.
- Assist with major upgrades to ensure minimum downtime.
- Educate peers about best standards, processes and technologies.
- Serve as the SME for selecting technology candidates and self-healing capabilities for future service development.
- Perform large scale automation, combining independent processes into robust behavior.
- Participate in follow-the-sun, on-call rotation with team members
- 5+ years of experience building complex distributed systems.
- 2+ years of experience in managing public cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP or Azure).
- 3+ years of experience with running and/or managing large infrastructure services with multiple availability regions.
- Public Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) Certifications – Professional level preferred
- Detail oriented: able to document and follow detailed instructions within test scripts as well as defects tracking documents (i.e., steps to recreate the problem)
- Experience with cloud monitoring tools
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
- Fluency in Linux environments (Redhat)
- Ability to develop custom tool integrations
- Ability to write consistent and published APIs
- Experience building, integrating, deploying and provisioning cloud services
- Experience with configuration management systems (Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with modern tools such as Atlassian (Jira, Confluence)
- Expertise in multiple version control systems (Git, GitHub, BitBucket)
- Specific experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience with performance testing and analysis tools (AppDynamics, Splunk)
- Understanding of testing concepts and how testing fits in with the overall project life cycle
To follow up with any questions, please contact Srikanth at 408-907-6419.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.