Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12461003
Primary Skills: 5 yrs network tools experience , Solarwinds (ie. NetScout, Netbrain, CPA technologies), Proven exp leveraging SNMP and other agentless protocols, Python and SQL queries
Duration: 12 Months
Contract Type: W2/C2C
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities :
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related field required or requisite experience.
- 3-7 years experience around network tools and systems.
- Working with tools team technical leads to identify technological and operational gaps in the monitoring, diagnostics, and management infrastructure.
- Enhancing capabilities to analyze surveillance data to identify issues proactively or reactively.
- Analyze, correlate, and ensure accuracy of SNMP-based monitoring data.
- Implement new alarming and enhance existing alarming.
- Ensuring systems uptime through routine tools systems and applications maintenance and patching.
- Identifying common, repeatable troubleshooting and network recovery tasks, and building automation to manage these tasks.
- Enhancing self-service tools for application and infrastructure clients to gain better visibility of real-time network health and performance
- Problem ticket and change management for Network Tools applications and systems.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Monika at 408-907-6415.
- Solid understanding and ability to optimize the platforms and technology used in monitoring networks, including but not limited to SNMP and syslog
- Proven experience delivering engineering solutions for network monitoring and alarming tools, leveraging vendors such as Netcool, Nervecenter, Solarwinds, Netscout, Netbrain, and Thousandeyes.
- Understanding of LAN and WAN network technologies, like VXLAN, EVPN, CLOS architecture, Spanning tree etc.
- Understanding of technologies like LTM, GTM, CDN used to deliver online services
- Understanding of security services like FW, DDoS mitigation, WAF, Botnet prevention etc.
- Experience implementing fault management solutions to increase operational uptime
- Experience with programming languages such as Python.
- Experience with SQL queries.
- Excellent communicator and team-builder, capable of establishing trust and securing partnership with all levels of the organization, from engineers to senior executives.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.