Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12126195
Akraya is looking for a Systems Administrator for one of our award-winning clients. We can’t tell you much about the company until you apply but, on this team, you will work on truly innovative projects with talented people who put learning and collaboration ahead of all else. This company has won multiple awards for their workplace culture. To be considered, please apply directly or call Pooja at
408-907-2233. If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Linux,Linux kernel
Duration: 03 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Build, assemble, and configure hardware, install OS and software using prototype and production servers. Root cause software and associated hardware issues. Manage spares inventory required to keep the servers operational. Manage network connectivity and network switches for a diverse user community.
Qualifications Required, not limited to the following:
- Ability to work under pressure in a small team, develop plans for future projects that highlight the features of new products and recommend enhancements to stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and deliver best-of-breed support to all projects and users. Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation in pro-actively scheduling tasks and projects.
- Ability to operate within the team, following processes and working within the team to improve processes.
- Install and manage a medium size Linux cluster to benchmark and profile certain network and storage workloads.
- 3+ years experience as a Linux system administrator.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Working knowledge of Linux kernel like building and installing Linux kernel.
- Installing Linux packages and applications.
- Proficiency of scripting languages like perl and python.
- Ability to write Shell scripts for system administration.
- Ability to patch the latest Linux kernel.
- Ability to debug an OS issue in the Linux system.
- Ability to adapt the Redhat OS for unsupported hardware.
- Minimum Education requirement: Bachelor’s degree with major in SW Engineering is desirable (or) Bachelor’s degree with training in Linux system admin.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Pooja Rai at 408-907-2233
- Good understanding of network protocols.
- Proficiency with Linux profiling tools like perf
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.