Akraya is looking for a Staff Software Engineer-Backend for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Khushbu at 408-512-2361.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Java, Java Frameworks, NoSQL, RestAPI
Duration: 6 Months (with possible extension)
Contract Type: W2 Only
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years’ experience or Master's Degree + 4 years experience building scalable e-commerce applications.
- 5+ years of experience with building scalable, high performing and robust applications; design, develop, test and operate code across multiple productions systems.
- Advanced coding skills in Java/Scala/Python and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with Intellij, Eclipse or other IDE development tools.
- Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment.
- Experience with no-sql technologies like Cassandra, couchbase, Flume or Hbase.
- Experience with message queueing technologies like Kafka.
- Experience with big data methodologies involving Hadoop, Spark, and Flink.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc).
- Writing code for large-scale Analytics systems that are capable of ingesting, managing, storing and analyzing hundreds of terabytes of data.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Khushbu at 408-512-2361