Primary Skills: Accounting, Reports, Journal entries
Duration: 03+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Key Job Functions:
Role and Responsibility:
- The Record to Report Staff Accountant is responsible for the providing support for various Entertainment properties and numerous corporate cost centers. The Record to Report Staff Accountant is a critical role in the success of
- Entertainment being able to deliver its mission, vision and values.
Perform other job related duties as assigned Required:
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly accounting processes to properly record and classify financial transactions for Record to Report.
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations and analysis.
- Prepare month-end journal entries.
- Assist senior accountants and/or managers in any research of monthly journal entry and account reconciliation related questions.
- Develop and implement best practices in all areas of Record to Report.
- Assist in streamlining and improving processes, work product, and output.
- Support key initiatives to promote and achieve a culture of service excellence and employee engagement.
- Assist in preparing financial reports and/or accounting analyses for internal or external users as assigned.
- Ensure that all accounting and financial reporting deadlines are met.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Hanzala at 408-512-2457
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance, or 1 to 2 years’ equivalent experience with Bachelor degree in other than Accounting/Finance.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a changing environment.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- Be detail-oriented and ability to manage time and handle deadlines.
- Ability to be a self-starter with strong analytical skill and have the ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to work various shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- A neat and professional appearance.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software: Outlook, Word, Excel and 10-key.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.