Akraya is looking for a Staff Accountant for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call 408-907-2233.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: ServiceAccounting, Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing
Duration: 06+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Type of ServiceAccounting, Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing
DescriptionThe Capital Asset team is responsible for developing, monitoring, and enforcing policies, practices, and procedures related Caesars Entertainment Corporation's property, plant, and equipment assets, including the costs associated with construction in progress and IT development until those assets are ultimately placed in-service. This responsibility includes maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounting records, ongoing maintenance of the fixed asset registers, and ensuring that transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with the Capital Asset Policy and providing guidance on the policy.
This role will be responsible for recording/reviewing transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, understanding and owning accounts and areas as assigned. Assist the department supervisor/manager in presenting to business partners and senior management explanations for monthly activity and/or fluctuations
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with a combination of professional and non-professional accounting staff.
- Complies with Caesars accounting policies and procedures, and existing control framework .
- Understand the applicable requirements of US GAAP and be able to apply to daily tasks
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual accounting processes to accurately record transactions.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and provide timely research and resolution of reconciling items with exceptions reported to management for review and consultation.
- Prepare monthly deliverables, including rollforward schedules, financial reporting support schedules, and legal/regulatory reporting.
- Perform analytical work under limited supervision applying knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Exemplify the "Inspire Our Best” mission by contributing a work environment that promotes teamwork and mutual respect.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to adapt training methods to different styles of learners.
- Continually assists in identifying process improvement areas and recommends solutionsProactively provides feedback to leadership on people, process, technology and compliance.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Must possess critical thinking skills, be detail oriented, proficient in time management, able to multi task and provide solutions to problems.
- Comply with Caesars' accounting and capital policies, practices, and procedures related to the processing of capital asset transactions, including the related controls.
- Maintenance of capital projects, including reviewing expenditures for proper classification and preparing invoice accruals.
MandatoryEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of Accounting related experience.
- 0-1 year of Supervisor experience.
- BA/BS degree in accounting.
- Prior experience with Oracle or similar ERP system and fixed asset accounting system or subledger is preferred.
- Prefer gaming industry experience.
- Organized, with analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet assigned deadlines as required.
- Ability to adapt to new circumstances by understanding the changes and supporting management in communicating them in a positive manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; able to actively participate in meetings and communicate with peers, senior, and managers.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other team members and department leaders.
- Ability to understand processes and issues, and to assist developing solutions.
- Actively participate in special project assignments and team building activities.
- Must be a team player in a professional environment.
- Understanding of Internal Control over Financial Report (ICFR) and SOX requirements
- Must have intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office.
- Experience assisting with projects.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Pooja Rai at 408-907-2233
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.