Job Category: Technical Writing, Editorial & Content Management
Job Number: 11861959
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position
Akraya is looking for a Sr. Technical Writer/DITA for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Monika at 408-907-6415. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: 6+ years of Technical writing experience. Strong DITA experience .Authoring in XML editor, documentum content management system.Solid experience with authoring software(adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, etc).
Contract Type: W2/C2C
We seek an experienced technical writer to work as part of a busy technical publications department as we undertake a major project to migrate an existing documentation set from unstructured FrameMaker and XML to DITA.
- 5+ years of technical writing and documentation project management experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, English, Journalism, Communications, or related technology-focused field.
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Contributes to and adheres to documentation standards to ensure successful implementation of structured documentation set.
- Work directly with cross-functional team to coordinate user acceptance testing of converted materials.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience in both authoring topic-based DITA content and converting unstructured content into DITA.
- Expert proficiency with both written and verbal communication, for both business and technical audiences.
- Expert experience using advanced authoring software (FrameMaker, Arbortext, Oxygen), and document repositories (Documentum, SDL Tridion Docs (formerly SDL Knowledge Center)).
- Convert existing content from unstructured Framemaker and XML to DITA.
- Review and fine-tune content that has been converted by an automated conversion service.
- Ensure documentation complies with department style guides and content models.
- Develop or manage the development of all technical content into drafts and manage review cycles, both department and cross-functional, following department guidelines.
- Work with designated contacts for reviews and approvals in key client groups, including Product, Development, QA, Program Management, and others.
- Share your DITA experience with our team as we begin to convert an existing documentation library to DITA.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Monika at 408-907-6415
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akrayAa.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.