Job Category: Technical Writing, Editorial & Content Management
Job Number: 11938144
Akraya is looking for Technical Writer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Ruhana Shaikh at 408-512-2363. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: SharePoint and O365, technical writer
Duration: 0-6 Months
Contract Type: W2
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for formatting content records in two separate databases to align to the departmental standards of Hitachi’ s main content database. This will involve formatting, applying styles, and completing properties in Microsoft Word.
The Content Specialist will be expected to identify collateral from technical, marketing, and various other original sources to create proposal-ready content in our knowledge source. Clear understanding of SharePoint and O365 is required.
Passionate proposal professionals who join the Strategic Bid Management Group team at this stage will be a significant player in shaping the future of the department as well as their own career path. All team members must be able to effectively perform the tasks associated with their primary role and capable and willing to support other team members.
- Manage developed content to ensure ongoing adherence to content business rules (naming, tagging, use) to ensure quality standards are met, appropriate content is easily located when needed, and end-user experience is highly satisfactory
- Become familiar with and understand Strategic Bid Management Group processes and tools used by the Proposal and Content Managers
- Identify new information from product collateral to develop proposal-ready content
- Support content management business rules for proposal-ready content, as well as the evolving integration requirements between various internal systems and tools
- When business needs dictate, work with the team members to ensure proposal are released in time to meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- A minimum of 2 years’ content/proposal management experience is required
- Must be able to consistently demonstrate a deep understanding of content governance and management protocols, standards, best practices
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, desktop publishing technologies, and SharePoint
- Bachelor’ s degree is preferred; demonstrable related career experience and proven track-record is acceptable
- Experience with Qorus Content Database preferred but not required; in the alternative must be able to learn new systems quickly
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Ruhana at 408-512-2363
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.