Job Category: Creative & Design
Job Number: 11406126
Akraya is looking for a Sr. UX Researcher for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly Amit at 408-512-2362. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: UX, Research, User-Centered Design, HCI
Duration: 12+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
As a User Experience Researcher, you will work collaboratively with our design, product and engineering teams. You will design and execute primary research (both qualitative and quantitative) to understand our sellers’ needs and pain points, and to evaluate client’ s key seller-facing experiences across all platforms (desktop, mobile).
- You' ll be responsible for designing, planning and conducting user research focused on eBay’ s seller experience, including a variety of methods (ethnography, diary studies, competitive evaluations, laboratory and remote usability studies, RITE studies, surveys) to generate insights and evaluate new and existing product concepts.
- You will provide insight and vision to the team based on researching user needs and leading stakeholders in the translation of research findings into actionable results, activating design thinking and concept making through facilitation.
- You' ll work closely with designers, prototypers, content strategists, product managers, marketing, legal, engineers and other experienced researchers to define and improve the eBay’ s buyer-facing products.
- You will triangulate research findings with other data sources (including market research, site analytics and externally published research) and synthesize them into meaningful recommendations and actionable results for your product team partners and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of a variety of quantitative and qualitative user research methods including remote studies, lab and field studies, competitive benchmarking, diary studies, heuristic evaluations, survey research, etc.
- Deep understanding of the nuances of different methods and how best to combine them to meet research and product objectives.
- Practical experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods that span the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch, across markets and devices (desktop, mobile).
- Training and experience with generative and evaluative research techniques, agile design process, user-centered design principles and design thinking.
- Ability to develop creative approaches to research complex user experience problems and convey ideas in a tangible form
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize requests and work independently.
- Strong presentation delivery skills.
- Must be proactive, striving to deliver beyond what is asked for.
- Degree in Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture or related field Master’ s preferred).
- Formal training (course work) in a variety of user experience research methods (such as lab and field research and survey design).
Please apply directly with updated resume or contact Amit @ 408-512-2362
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.