Job Number: 11595939
Akraya is looking for a Research Associate for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly to Utkarsh Audut at 408-239-4597. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Extensive experience in immune cell functional assays, ELISA/Luminex, molecular biology techniques such as RNA/DNA isolation
Duration: 12 Months
Contract Type: W2 only
Seeking a highly motivated, creative and collaborative individual with a background in immunology, virology or relevant life sciences and strong interest in research and development of novel HIV therapeutics to achieve drug-free remission or cure of HIV infection.
Primary Responsibilities will Include:
- Designing, performing and validating novel cell-based virology and immunology assays, evaluating new targets and therapeutic approaches in a fast-paced team environment, interpreting results, proactively troubleshooting technical issues and recommending potential solutions based on personal observations and/or literature searches.
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in cell culture and/or virology techniques such as primary cell isolation and culture, immune cell functional assays, multi-color FACS, ELISA/Luminex, as well as molecular biology techniques such as RNA/DNA isolation, qPCR and cloning.
- The candidate should be goal-oriented and capable of independent functioning. Organizational skills, data management, and strong communication skills are essential.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Plans and executes assigned experiments that support research activities and project goals. Demonstrates and applies a high level of understanding of project goals and methods. With general guidance and direction selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing experiments. Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and may proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems. Works with limited to minimal supervision on projects of moderate scope and complexity.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Typically requires a BS/BA degree in Molecular and Cell Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, or other related life science discipline and minimum 5 years of relevant experience or a MS degree in related scientific discipline with 3 years industry experience.
- Must be able to participate in highly effective teams.
- Requires ability to use common tools for effective scientific communication within the company. Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Develops skills in data analysis and ability to evaluate quality of data.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Utkarsh Audut at 408-239-4597
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.