Job Category: Creative & Design
Job Number: 11374635
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Sr Instructional Designer – Medical Device for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Surbhi at 408-512-2359. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Content development, Instructional design, experience in a healthcare, biotech, or medical device organization, Articulate Storyline and LMS
Duration: 6+ Months
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Instructional Designer is responsible for producing and maintaining content across a wide range of medical device training projects including web-based online courses, mobile applications, video scripts / storyboards, quick reference guides and more. This senior level position will also be responsible for taking an active role in the development of new hire Instructional Specialists and Designers, managing large cross-departmental projects, defining new process, analyzing and improving existing processes, and driving needs/gap analysis to improve deliverables and learning outcomes.
Portfolio / Work Samples
Successful candidates must provide a portfolio with 2-3 relevant work samples that demonstrate a solid understanding of instructional design processes along with hands-on expertise in using the digital tools specified below. An ideal work sample will include:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Description of the project and the candidate’ s specific contributions.
- Representation of some portion of the design process used to complete the project.
- Visual representation of some portion of the completed project. A link to the completed project is especially helpful, but screen images of the project with labels can also be sufficient.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify and capture learning content for medical devices
- Produce facilitator and participant guides
- Define and write process workflows
- Analyze and improve existing processes
- Drive change through need/gap analysis, focus groups, etc.
- Mentor Instructional Specialists and Designers
- Research, recommend and implement creative design/development improvements
- Partner with internal and external teams to drive strategic improvements
- Research, recommend and manage 3rd party training solutions
- Manage internal and external partnerships
- Develop competencies and learning objectives for all instructional projects
- Use standard e-learning authoring tools (Articulate, Captivate) and other development tools to create or revise learning content
- Script and storyboard instructional videos
- Develop training documentation using content layout software (In-Design, Word)
- Design, develop and conduct assessments and evaluations for global audiences
- Design, develop and implement mobile learning using Adobe Experience Manager Mobile
- Project manage all phases of instructional development projects under tight deadlines.
- 4+ years of professional experience in a relevant instructional design role
- 2+ years of experience in a healthcare, biotech, or medical device organization
- 2+ years of professional experience working with either Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate to author e-learning courses
- 1+ years of experience publishing content to a Learning Management System (LMS)
- 1+ years of experience developing content for a global audience
- Degree in Education, Curriculum Development, or Instructional Design
- Experience working with strict document control and Quality Management Systems
- Comprehensive e-learning and classroom design and facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of adult learning theory and its application to learning solutions
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher education completed
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage multiple development projects in meeting deadlines
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) expertise
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Surbhi Dhoble at at 408-512-2359
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.