Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11417981
Akraya is looking for an Sr. Hadoop Engineer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Yash at 408-907-2967. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Java, Hadoop stack, preferably with Cloudera CDH, particularly Hive, Impala and HUE, Jenkins, Oracle, SQL, Postgress, My SQL server, etc
Duration: 6 Months (Contract to Hire)
Contract Type: W2 Only [1099 or Corp-Corp is not an option]
Job Description: We are seeking strong Technical Staff to join the client Shared Analytics team. The (Hadoop Engineer), provides technical consulting, design and coding/ prototyping for Hadoop Platform activities
Responsibilities: Rapidly architect, design, prototype, and implement architectures to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs Work in cross-disciplinary teams to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data Research.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field and minimum four years of big data experience with multiple programming languages and technologies. Minimum of 5 years relevant experience required.
- 3 years of development experience in Java
- 3 years of professional experience working with Hadoop stack, preferably with Cloudera CDH, particularly Hive, Impala and HUE.
- Good understanding of version control such as Git and automation tools like Jenkins
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, particularly Hadoop Security using Kerberos and Active Directory
- Hands on experience using relational databases like Oracle, SQL, Postgress, My SQL server, etc.
- Ability to work efficiently under Unix/Linux environment and Unix Shell Scripting
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Yash at 408-907-2967
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.