South San Francisco,
Job Category: Technician - Laboratory, Manufacturing, Electronics, Electrical
Job Number: 11818328
Akraya is looking for a Sr. Formulation Technician for one of our award-winning clients. To be considered, please apply directly or call Harsh at 408-512-2437. If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: lab equipments,( cGMP or ISO), Word, Excel, Outlook
Duration: 07 Months
Contract Type: W2 / C2C
- Perform assigned duties according the weekly production schedule. Complete weekly report of work completed, forward to Manager every week at a designated time.
- Formulate and filter bulk solutions using sterile technique according to manufacturing instructions. Test solutions for pH, Conductivity, and Osmolality.
- Fill, cap, label, and kit reagent products according to manufacturing instructions using manual and automated systems. Record filling and kitting events in log in real time.
- Maintain all lab equipment preventive maintenance and calibration; including but not limited to the pH/Conductivity meter, Osmometer, CVC Horizontal Labeler, Tube Auto Capper, Biomek filling device, Hamilton filling device, Milli-Q water system, hoods, freezer/refrigerators, pipettes, spectrophotometer, NanoDrop.
- Support QC testing and release of reagent products as assigned.
- Write, revise, and implement Equipment Procedures for all equipment; Manufacturing Instructions for new and existing reagent products; and Standard Operating Procedures for standard lab practices.
- Work with R&D groups to transfer new formulations into production, build pilot lots of material, and create manufacturing documentation.
- Perform accurate cycle counts on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Order lab supplies and manufacturing materials as needed or directed by Manager. Complete and obtain approval for purchase requisitions. Receive, log, and stock material upon receipt.
- Forward material to logistics to support reagent internal consumable requests.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Harsh at 408-512-2437
- High School diploma with minimum 5+ years of experience in a laboratory setting; College degree preferred.
- Experience operating lab equipment (Osmometer, pH/Conductivity meter, Spectrophotometer instruments, pipettes, filling devices, etc.)
- Experience in reagent preparation and proficiency with common laboratory tools and techniques.
- Experience working in a cGMP or ISO laboratory environment.
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive tasks such as manual filling, capping, labeling, and kitting.
- Ability to calculate chemical formulations and follow reagent recipes and protocols
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Ability to learn and use other software such as Saleforce.com, PDM, ADP.
- Dedication to total product quality and a safe working environment.
- Self-directed, organized, and possesses good judgment.
- Team player.
- Ability to lift weights in excess of 25 lbs above the shoulder on a regular and unsupervised basis .
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.