Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11983843
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Sr. Developer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Monika at 408-907 6415. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will Qget to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: 5-10 yrs Java/J2EE stack experience.Both front and backend development experience. Web Services, UI, SOAP, Spring
Duration: 12+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Responsible for the application development deliverables that include designing, coding and unit testing.
- Provide development support for production issues and service requests.
- Interact with business units to define and clarify requirements; create and modify business use cases; and to create conceptual approach based on business requirement. Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
- Create or review documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes, and application functionalities.
- Work with both technical and business staff on a wide variety of tasks, which span the full application development life cycle.
- Work closely with project team members (Analysts, Architects, Developers, Project Managers, QA testers, Product Managers, etc.); coordinate and interface with other IT groups (e.G. Network, Operations, Engineering, etc).
- Coordinate, participate and manage design activities, development integration testing, data modeling, software configuration, implementation planning, and deployment support.
- Work with various project team members to ensure technology decisions are business driven and meet business requirement.
- Review works (programs, scripts, documentation) done by outsourced development team as needed if any. Serve as reviewing entity to ensure vendor developed work adhere to Visa' s development methodology and security guidelines.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in system and software design, architecture, and development of large-scale system, applications and tools.
- Experience with software development utilizing Java, J2EE, Hibernate, SQL, JDBC, Spring, REST, SOAP, JSON, GIT.
- Strong experience in data modeling and SQL programming is required.
- Working experience with following systems – Linux, RedHat, Tomcat, Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (WSDL, XSD, XML, XSLT, REST and SOAP).
- Strong experience troubleshooting & debugging Linux based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex software development and design issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or other related technology discipline and 5+ years of experience or Masters and 3+ years.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) best practices, software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, RUP), DevOps practices and the demands of a professional services organization.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Monika at 408-907-6415
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.