Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 11506935
Akraya is looking for a Sr. DevOps /Automationb LINUX Engineer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or Mayur at 408-512-2355. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Linux, Python, Automation Tools, DevOps
Duration: 06+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
This is a 12 hour shift (6: 30 AM - 6: 30 PM PST) role. Will be on for multiple shifts, and then have multiple days off.
- Manage and monitor systems to drive troubleshooting and resolutions
- Hands-on development of DevOps and automation tools using Python
- Understand all components of the eBay site infrastructure (an excellent learning opportunity!)
- Work with external teams to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution
- Define repeatable patterns and automate them
- Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure that automation adheres to best practice and client’ s standards
- Perform Systems Engineering Tasks as needed
- Contribute original How-To articles to DevOps knowledge base
- Coordinate with vendors and assist in hardware replacements.
- At all times jointly responsible for ebay.Com reliability and availability
- 2+ years of Linux Systems Engineering, DevOps, and/or Operations SRE (Site Reliability) experience
- Advanced Python knowledge.
- Strong experience on LINUX environment
- Ability to manage and troubleshoot systems faults and errors in large-scale systems web operations.
- Passionate about Operations - you like to make things run and fix them when they break.
- Passionate about coding and programming - you like to automate things and write clean, easy-readable code (Python).
- Ability to multi-tasks in a highly-visible role.
- Knowledge of large distributed cloud computing (Open Stack, Kubernetes, Docker), Hadoop, web services, multi-tier architectures, etc.
- Knowledge of common system administration tools, Networking (LAN and WAN,) Unix, Windows, Load balancers, DNS, TCP/IP and Storage technologies.
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Production experience with large scale system deployment and configuration tools.
- Proven problem solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution.
- Excellent verbal, written, and documentation skills.
Please apply directly with updated resume or contact Mayur at 408-512-2355
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.