Job Category: Network & System Engineering
Job Number: 11583239
Akraya is looking for a Sr. Cyber Security [Cyber Security Incident Response - CSIRT Analyst] for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Mayur at 408-512-2355 If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Cyber Security, Incident Response, Penetration Testing
Duration – 12 Months + Extension
Tax Term - W2
- Client is seeking a CSIRT Analyst to join our highly visible Cyber Security Incident Response Team that provides Security Operations Center (SOC) support, cyber analysis, scripting and automation, and a 24x7x365 support staff.
- This specific position requires the ability to work Swing and/or Graveyard shifts with rotations into Day shift.
Must demonstrate expert knowledge in one (1) or more of the following areas:
- Working within Client’ s Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) you will have the opportunity to build innovative solutions to identify and mitigate information-security threats.
Core Job Functions Include:
- Vulnerability Assessment and Pen Testing, Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Access Control and Authorization, Policy Enforcement, Application Security, Protocol Analysis, Firewall Management, Incident Response, Encryption, Web-filtering, Advanced Treat Protection, Email Security, Digital Forensics, Monitoring and Detection, Cyber Intelligence Analysis.
To be successful in this position, you should be proficient with:
- Investigations – Investigating computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems
- Escalations – Responding to escalated notable events from security tooling to develop/execute security controls, Defense/countermeasures to prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems.
- Research – Researching attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures.
- Education - maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption.
- Communications – Provides information and updates to shift leads, creates pass-downs for next shift, work closely with supporting teams, provide feedback for new security policy and standards, engage with other teams and adjacencies through email and conference calls.
- Digital Forensics – As it relates to information systems, performs HR investigations and legal holds in a forensically sound manner. Consults with HR and legal subject matter experts to adhere to local country law.
- Coverage – Must be willing to perform shift work, weekends, and holidays as well as participate in a rotating shift consisting of four (4) 10 hour shifts with four days on, three (3) days off and possible rotations across Day, Swing, and Graveyard shifts as needed.
- Incident Response – Getting people to do the right thing in the middle of an investigation.
- Offensive Techniques – Penetration testing, IOCs, and exploits at all layers of the stack.
- Logs - you should be comfortable with a SEIM to be able to gather and analyze logs to recreate incidents and hunt for threats.
- System Forensics – Basic understanding of image acquisition techniques, memory forensics, and the like.
- Networking Fundamentals - TCP/IP Protocols (HTTP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, ARP, etc.), and Wireshark/TCPDump.
- Scripting – Should be familiar in scripting in at least one of the following: python, perl or a similar language.
- Risk Analysis – Taking a vulnerability in a particular environment and understanding the practical associated risk.
In addition, minimum of one (1) year of specialized experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience in incident detection and response, malware analysis, or digital forensics.
- Security Assessment or Offensive Security
- Application Security
- Security Operations Center/Security Incident Response
- Cyber intelligence Analysis
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Mayur @ 408-512-2355
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team