Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Job Number: 11552204
Akraya is looking for an Finance Manager for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly to Dipak @408-907-3213 If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Accountant, Sox Program Management, Excel and PowerPoint, Project Management,
Duration: 8+ Months
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Overall oversight and program management of the Company' s SOX compliance efforts. This includes coordination with key stakeholders to ensure that risks are identified, addressed with well-designed controls that are operating effectively;
- Perform annual planning of the Company' s SOX compliance efforts (e.G., risk assessment, materiality, scoping, due dates, etc.);
- Coordinate with testers, process and control owners and external auditors for the audit of the Company' s internal controls;
- Collaborate with process and control owners for remediation of identified deficiencies, advising them on internal control enhancements or process changes, as appropriate;
- Proactively identify and monitor process and system changes that result from our growth in transaction volumes, international expansion, automation of processes, software application changes, accounting integration in connection with acquisitions and other areas of change that have a direct impact the Company' s financial statements and related disclosures;
- Prepare reports to Senior Management on the status of the program;
- Lead the vision of leveraging controls to optimize operational benefits throughout the organization through the streamlining and automating control activities within financial and IT processes;
- Assess new accounting standards, technical guidance to ensure enhancement/reengineering of current accounting processes and controls;
- The SOX Finance Manager will also be heavily involved in the Finance Operational Excellence Initiatives, leading process improvement projects for our key stakeholders and CAO and advising our peers for enhanced internal controls.
- Chance for Extension: Extension could be extended depending of the status of the maternity leave. Fulltime opportunity is possible in the future.
Years of Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, initiative and integrity
- High energy with a superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
Degrees or Certifications: Bachelor’ s degree required major in Accounting/Finance.
5-8 yrs of public accounting experience, Big 4, CPA preferred
Strong financial process acumen, accounting technical skills a plus
Project management skills and a desire to drive sustainable change (experience in running the SOX program will be a plus)
Please apply with your updated resume or please call Dipak @408-907-3213
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.