Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Job Number: 10904047
Akraya is looking for a Sr. Accountant for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Randhir Shah at 408-907-2970. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Accounting, Fixed Assets, GAAP, Oracle
Duration: 6+ Months (possible extension)
Contract Type: W2 only
- Responsible for month-end close procedures for US entity, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and analysis of results.
- Maintain and reconcile various Balance Sheet Accounts as required.
- Reconcile cash accounts including operating and payroll bank accounts.
- Responsible for accounting for Fixed Assets that include recording acquisitions and dispositions, tracking and closing out project costs, and conducting periodic physical counts.
- Reconcile Prepaid Expenses, Intangible Assets, Deferred Rent, and various accrued expenses.
- Partner with FP&A to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Support accounting team' s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and the Company' s internal controls.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Help establish and maintain policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting or finance
- 3-4+ years progressive accounting experience, preferably a minimum of 2 years in public accounting. Big 4 experience preferred.
- CPA, CPA eligible or working towards a CPA (strongly preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Must have the ability to execute multiple tasks, be detail oriented, committed to high quality and have the ability to adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- Proactive, assertive, and creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Randhir at: 408-907-2970
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.