Primary Skills: Arabic – Native level Fluency, Translation, Annotation
Duration: 4+ Months, possible extension
Contract Type: W2 only
- Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers.
- Providing data quality expertise to other team members and coaching improvements.
- Delivering high quality work under aggressive deadlines.
- Working autonomously with minimum direction.
- Building a thorough understanding of conventions and providing support to global sites.
- Understanding changes to conventions deployed in response to customers’ requests and modifying workflows accordingly.
- Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output.
- Improving software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
- Diving deep into issues and implementing solutions independently.
- Proactively addressing issues and problems.
- Keeping up with changing project conventions and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of experience working with written language data, including experience with annotation and other forms of data markup.
- Native level fluency in Arabic.
- Business level fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistic or Computational Linguistics.
- Interest in semantics and related areas.
- Comfortable working with text from various languages and dialects.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and learn in-house data processing tools.
- Experience with command line interfaces and basic UNIX commands.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs.
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication and strong organizational skills.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills and a solution-oriented attitude.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Willingness to support several projects at one time and to accept reprioritization as necessary.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Tarushi/Asmita at 408-907-6403/408-907-6421
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.