Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12425675
Primary Skills: Video Streaming, Digital Media
Duration: 6+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Provide technical expertise and develop solutions to new and existing customers in order to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for managing key phases of customer engagements with specific emphasis on video streaming workflows and onboarding to the VDMS platform of video services.
- Support the sales team in pre-contract activity related to the technical assessment of customer workflows, data gathering, business requirements and application of VDMS products.
- Understand the complexities and nuances associated with delivering broadcast quality video over the internet.
- Assist the support teams in post-contract customer activities and high-profile live events.
- Develop project scope and implementation plans that ensure an efficient and seamless provisioning experience for the customer.
- Build technical designs and solutions to fit customer needs. This may involve a combination of both coding and systems work.
- Prepare and issue Statements of Work documentation based on functional requirements.
- Lead client kick-off meetings around requirements gathering, technical specifications, gap analysis, and platform integration.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Akash at 408-907-2689.
- Individual should possess a minimum of 2 years' experience working with digital media technologies.
- Some experience in video streaming and a functional understanding of the various media technologies, which may include HLS and MPEG-DASH.
- CDN technologies and eco-systems, as well as a functional understanding of HTTP.
- Potential to design, direct, and implement solutions involving streaming video components.
- Working experience with Linux and Mac operating systems.
- Knowledge of various DRM technologies (PlayReady, Fairplay, and Widevine).
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as bash, Perl, or python. Preferrably python.
- Cloud-based IAAS experience, e.g. AWS, Azure, or Google Compute.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.