Primary Skills: Diagnose, Troubleshoot, Linux
Duration: 06+ Months (Contract to Hire)
Contract Type: W2 Only
Software Support Engineer will analyzes software issues and provides technical resolutions to client's customers such as field engineers, system engineers, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex computer systems with software products or services. Consult with users and engineers and develop resolutions for software issues by developing diagnosis systems.
Develop, Document and Maintain physical and virtual testing environments.
Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues reported through incoming calls or requests from client's customers. Provide technical support services to remote customers 7 days a week in Japanese and English language. Obtain the customer satisfaction by providing prompt resolution based on certain evidence of actual test result using local test environment wherever possible.
This position requires knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principals and concepts regarding database products, local area networking and UNIX/Windows operating system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
- 70% Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues of client's customers.
- 10% Set up computer environment on OracleVM including clustering for investigating and testing purpose.
- 10% Design and develop web system which is used by client's customer and internal engineers.
- 5% Make a daily/weekly report and communicate with co-workers working in Japan and in the US.
- 5% Attend the meetings several times a week.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science.
Experience: Experience in technical support, development or quality assurance is a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, etc: Oracle OCA/OCP, AWS, AZURE related certifications are plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Language Skills: Fluent in Japanese and English is essential.
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Must have basic computer related Trouble Shooting skills.
- Ability to work on routine technical problems interfacing directly with customers.
- Ability to learn new technologies and corresponding software architecture quickly.
The following hands-on experience and knowledge are a plus:
- ORACLE Database as DBA and SQL programming.
- UNIX, Linux and Windows Server administration and troubleshooting.
- Python, Go, Ruby, SQL, PL/SQL , JDBC and Web programming with RDBMS
To follow up with any questions, please contact Harsh at 408-512-2437.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.