Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12285446
Akraya is looking for a Software Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Randhir @ 408-907-2970.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Java, J2EE, Production Support, Ticketing, CI/CD
Duration: 12+ Months, possible extension
Contract Type: W2 only
- Gather and analyze requirements from Product Managers/Owners.
- Acquire deep knowledge on multiple applications in order to independently support them.
- Work closely with Operations & Infrastructure groups to understand challenges in production environments.
- Build tools to improve application reliability and quality, and programmer productivity
- Partner with various teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues that cause impact to customers.
- Design and enhance highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems to meet increasing levels of reliability, availability, scalability.
- Provide architectural recommendations in the area of application serviceability to allow elimination or early detection of potential issues.
- Lead in issue postmortems and provide quality metrics that set direction for quality initiatives by identifying chronic problem areas.
- Understand and adhere to SOA and messaging principles.
- Author technical specifications and design documents.
- Be willing to work on both server-side and UI-side modules.
- Able to work with various cross functional (technical and non- technical) groups.
Apply directly with your updated resume or call Randhir at 408-907-2970
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3-6 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree OR
- 3 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Java, Java EE expert with relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise Java applications.
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- Experience with IBM Websphere or Tomcat or JBoss.
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit.
- Strong Windows/Unix platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Knowledge of Splunk, New Relic, Graphite or equivalent monitoring tools
- Production Support Experience.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.