Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11781281
The WBW Cisco Returnship is a 16-week paid return-to-work program open to men and women who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the workforce for at least 1 year due to caring for a loved one, raising a child, or other voluntary reasons. If you meet the criteria, we welcome you to apply. You will have the chance to upgrade your skills, build your experience and make valuable connections during this returnship. If this does not apply to you, please share with anyone you feel will benefit from this information.
Title: Software Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Who You Are
From a technical point of view, you should have some familiarity with at least some of these areas:
- Typically requires Computer Science background with related experience
- Knowledge of designing/programming large-scale systems in Python/C/C++/Java environments is helpful.
- You have a strong background in software development including specification, implementation and testing.
- You are motivated, driven and a teammate.
- You' ll be willing to learn and be passionate about working on a wide range of product areas.
- You work well independently and as part of a team.
- Linux platform development
- Virtualization technologies (KVM would be a plus)
- Server platform development
- Driver development
- Kernel development
- Routing protocols
- Hardware bring up
What you' ll do
You’ re deeply motivated Software Engineer who can make a difference in the team with their out of box thinking and you will be part of world-class Software engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies in Enterprise Switches and Routers connecting to Cloud applications. Opportunity to work with leading edge networking technologies in the areas of Virtualization and Container Application Hosting for Fog Computing.
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Willing to learn how to configure and automate the deployment of MPLS based VPNs (MVPN, L3VPN, L2VPN)
- Willing to learn how to work in Docker or other container technology.
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness.
- Extremely motivated, passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with " can do" attitude.
- Use knowledge of virtualization/container (example: Dockers) technology.
- Commitment to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality
- than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
- Use strong OS fundamentals and networking concepts is necessary.
- Do hands on development in VM and Container networking configuration.
- Experience creating and maintaining root file systems for Containers
- Cisco connects everything: people, processes, data, and things. Cisco innovates everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that gives us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And Cisco does it in style with rare personalities who aren' t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
- Cisco has leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and they even have a few purple haired rock stars. Cisco celebrates the creativity and diversity that fuels their innovation. They are dreamers and doers.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.