Software Engineer 4, Packet Forwarding : 22-05779
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 US
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer 4; this is a contract-to-hire role. If you are interested in this role, please connect with Apurva at 408-907-7709 or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Skills: C++ Program, Linux/Unix, Jenkins/CICD, L2/L3/MPLS/tunneling/filter, Firewall
Contract Type: W2
Duration: Contract to Hire
Pay Range : $50 - $65 per hour
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
In this role you will be responsible for the feature development on Junos stateless firewall module in the PFE (Packet Forwarding Engine) team.
- Design, implement and unit test stateless firewall packet forwarding as well as daemon module in Junos.
- Write up detailed functional specification, design specification and unit test specification based on the requirements and review and get it approved from stakeholders.
- Develop code and unit tests based on the specifications and commit the code after code review approval and unit tests and integration tests are completed.
- Write next-gen PFE Software (AFT) in C++ and make changes to the PFE code for the next generation PFE architecture and support the FW features on various Juniper PFE Chips.
- Fix any problems that come from system tests and solution tests.
-Experience in design, development and implementation of complex data-structures and algorithms
-5 to 8 years of experience in L2/L3/MPLS/tunneling/filter/qos packet forwarding
-Demonstrated ability to analyze and debug end-to-end i.e. from daemons to chips/microcode
-Languages and tools: C, C++, CI/CD tools (S2C - submit-to-commit, Linux, Jenkins etc.), Git, SVN, CVS
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. Akraya was recently voted as a 2022 Best Staffing Firm to Temp For by Staffing Industry Analysts and voted by our employees and consultants as a 2022 Glassdoor Best Places to Work.