Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11997499
Akraya is looking for a Software Developer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Pooja Rai at 408-907-2233. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Duration: 6 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Candidate will be responsible for the development, testing, integration, and deployment of new capabilities used internally for capacity planning within a Microsoft Excel framework.
- Job responsibilities include enhancing existing Excel system macros/VBA code, documenting functional changes and system training, communicate schedule of development timing, testing phases, and production release.
- Train users and propagating changes through affected files.
- Successful candidates will have experience developing and testing in an environment dominated by non-coding stakeholders, as well as an in-depth understanding of efficient VBA development.
- Experience working on an agile/scrum based development team also desirable.
Nice to Have:
- VBA Coding: 3+ yrs experience
- General Coding Practices and Standards: 5+ yrs experience
- Excel Limitations and Functions: Understanding core functions and system limitations for Excel
- System Architecture: Understanding impacts and requirements of code decisions
- Proficient in other MS Office apps - Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Database modeling and querying: MySQL, SQL Server
- Additional Coding Languages ex. Python
- Mathematical Optimization (MIP and LP Formulation) ex. CPLEX
- MS Power BI Desktop
- Min. Educational requirement: Associates degree
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Pooja Rai at 408-907-2233
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.