Job Category: Technical Writing, Editorial & Content Management
Job Number: 12384194
Akraya is looking for a Senior Technical Writer/DITA for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Monika @ 408-907-6415.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: 6+ years of Technical writing experience. Strong DITA background PREFERRED. Authoring in XML editor, documentum content management system.Solid experience with authoring software(adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, etc).
Duration: 12+ months
- Experience in both authoring topic-based DITA content and converting unstructured content into DITA.
- Expert proficiency with both written and verbal communication, for both business and technical audiences.
- Expert experience using advanced authoring software (FrameMaker, Arbortext, Oxygen), and document repositories (Documentum, SDL Tridion Docs (formerly SDL Knowledge Center)).
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Highly driven, enthusiastic, eager, collaborative, and resourceful.
- Expert customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multicultural teams across the globe.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of financial systems or financial payment networks.
- Experience with graphics editing software (Illustrator, PhotoShop, etc.).
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Monika @ 408-907-6415
- Convert existing content from unstructured Framemaker and XML to DITA.
- Review and fine-tune content that has been converted by an automated conversion service.
- Author short descriptions for converted content.
- Ensure documentation complies with department style guides and content models.
- Develop or manage the development of all technical content into drafts and manage review cycles, both department and cross-functional, following department guidelines.
- Work with designated contacts for reviews and approvals in key Visa groups, including Product, Development, QA, Program Management, and others.
- Effectively communicate project status to Lead Writer and/or cross-functional team and proactively escalate project challenges to management for resolution.
- Monitor assigned documentation projects to ensure they are on schedule, meet business and audience needs, and are delivered within the forecasted budget.
- Share your DITA experience with our team as we begin to convert an existing documentation library to DITA.