Primary Skills: Application Integration, Middleware, IBM Sterling Connect
Duration: 06+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
The ideal candidate for this position is responsible for work at an extremely high level of technical complexity. The Senior Systems Engineer is expected to help Middleware team with designing, coding, testing, implementing and documenting application integrations. He/She is also expected to analyze complex user requests, accurately size the effort and thoroughly develop the application integrations. The Senior Systems engineer will often provides support for systems incidents including after-hours support.
- Implement and document application integrations using IBM Sterling Connect Direct, IBM Sterling Secure Proxy, IBM Control Center, IBM MQ and Redhat AMQ.
- Install/upgrade and configure IBM Sterling Connect Direct, IBM Sterling Secure Proxy, IBM Control Center, IBM MQ and Redhat AMQ.
- Provide technical support across all the environments for the above integration technologies.
- Work with Automation team to automate install/configure/deployment activities for the above technologies.
- Work with Security and Development teams to patch for any security findings on the above technologies.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required
- 7+ years of experience in IT is required; financial services related experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IBM Sterling Connect Direct, IBM Sterling Secure Proxy, IBM Control Center, IBM MQ and Redhat AMQ.
- Experience in implementing high speed file transfers using IBM Connect Direct.
- Administrative experience in Linux and Windows operating systems
- Basic knowledge of Networking in Linux and Windows.
- Experience in working with TLS certificates and digital signatures.
- Experience with IBM DataPower is a major plus.
- Understanding of other middleware technologies under Application Servers and Web Servers is a plus.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Rahul Ambhore at 408-816-2020
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.