Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12238563
Akraya is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for one of our direct clients. Role is fulltime and to apply please call Dixit @ 408-512-2366.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: X Store POS, API Workflow and Java
This role is expected to provide day to day support and also help implement new capabilities in our X-Store POS application with the goal of delivering outstanding customer experience. The candidate should have a proven track record in implementing, upgrading and enhancing X-store POS. Customer Focus, Ability to Innovate, Strong analytical and technical skills and Solid technical know-how of X-Store POS is critical to the success of this role. Implementation of X-Store is desirable and working knowledge of X-Store is a must. Knowledge of Oracle EFT link and /or payment integration is required for the job. Working with payment systems like Ayden is a plus.
- Develop enhancements to the POS solution working in tandem with the systems analyst and business users. Enhancements can range from application config changes to API/workflow changes using Java.
- Foster an MVP approach to enhancements and iterate to build/configure a better product.
- Deliver technical design for prioritized backlog stories. Design should achieve simplicity, reliability, flexibility and maintainability.
- Work with functional team/users to ensure the technical design aligns with the functional asks.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams for project/enhancement needs as needed.
- Recommend integrations where needed with other applications in the enterprise application landscape.
- Help in adoption of newer technologies/solutions in the POS/retail space by building prototypes to demonstrate value where possible.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Dixit @ 408-512-2366
- 5+ years of technical design/development / system implementation /consulting experience in retail space with emphasis on POS and merchandizing systems. Proven record of implementing and upgrading X-Store POS application a must and awareness of merchandizing systems a solid plus.
- Solid hands on expertise with Oracle X-Store/POS application configuration and development a must. Strong familiarity with Xcenter/XAdmin/XMobile a must.
- Experience in handling promotions and deals in POS.
- Experience in deployment is a plus.
- Expertise in X-Store configuration management and Java a must. Demonstrated experience in building new workflows using X-Store constructs a strong plus.
- Solid domain knowledge of business processes in retail needed.
- Solid problem solving skills, good eye for speed vs value tradeoffs and crisp execution a must.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.