Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Primary Skills: ITSM process management, Incident Investigation, ITIL Certification
Duration: 12 Months with possible extension or conversion.
Contract Type: W2 Only
The Senior Problem Analyst will be primarily responsible to manage and lead Problem investigations for critical client facing impacting incidents in Major Problem Review meetings and managing the implementation of corrective and preventative measures. Additionally, perform proactive problem management to avoid any repeat incidents.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree in Engineering related to Information Technology (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3+ years’ experience in IT Operations in a technical role
- 5+ years’ experience in ITSM Problem Management role.
- Drive efforts to improve overall application stability and availability for applications and supporting infrastructure by ensuring Problem resolution.
- Monitor metrics and drive continuous infrastructure and application improvement efforts across team to achieve SLA & KPI for Problem Management.
- Facilitating and coordinating technical problem review meetings includes leading and facilitating post mortem investigations of critical incidents, and managing root cause analysis between technical teams.
- Initiating actions to fix interruptions to service caused by errors/faults in the IS infrastructure.
- Production of statistics and reports to demonstrate performance of the Problem Management process.
- 3+ years' experience in ITSM process management (Incident/Problem/Change Management) role.
- ITIL Foundation Certified with at least one intermediate certification. ITIL Expert certification is a bonus.
- Lean or Green Belt Six Sigma certified. Black Belt certification is a bonus.
- Experience using and administering ‘Service Now’ especially Problem Management workflow.
- Process documentation samples and prior improvement project examples are required.
- Service Now, Business Analytics and Tableau reporting experience..
- Strong communication skills to coordinate and work with 1st level Service Desk, Major Incident Management and 2nd or 3rd level team to manage critical client impacting problems across each Service Lanes.
- Understand and adhere to defined Visa Configuration, Incident, Change and Problem management process including ITSM Compliance, policy compliance, documentation, testing and approvals.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders in leading and facilitating Major Problem Review meetings for Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of critical incidents. This includes using Problem solving methodologies to drive the RCA discussion, identifying gaps, ensure remediation plans are devised, discussed and agreed on, and result in permanent resolution of issues.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Joel Mac @ 408-512-2455
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours and if required to be flexible to accommodate diverse geographic locations.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.