Akraya is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply directly. To follow up with any questions, please contact Dixit @ 408-512-2366.
Akraya is the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. In fact, we were recently named "Best Staffing Firm to Work For" by Staffing Industry Analysts. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: X Store POS, API Workflow and Java
Duration : Fulltime position
Tax Term : W2
This role is expected to provide day to day support and also help implement new capabilities in our X-Store POS application with the goal of delivering outstanding customer experience. The candidate should have a proven track record in implementing, upgrading and enhancing X-store POS. Customer Focus, Ability to Innovate, Strong analytical and technical skills and Solid technical know-how of X-Store POS is critical to the success of this role. Implementation of X-Store is desirable and working knowledge of X-Store is a must. Knowledge of Oracle EFT link and /or payment integration is required for the job. Working with payment systems like Ayden is a plus.
- Develop enhancements to the POS solution working in tandem with the systems analyst and business users. Enhancements can range from application config changes to API/workflow changes using Java.
- Foster an MVP approach to enhancements and iterate to build/configure a better product.
- Deliver technical design for prioritized backlog stories. Design should achieve simplicity, reliability, flexibility and maintainability.
- Work with functional team/users to ensure the technical design aligns with the functional asks.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams for project/enhancement needs as needed.
- Recommend integrations where needed with other applications in the enterprise application landscape.
- Help in adoption of newer technologies/solutions in the POS/retail space by building prototypes to demonstrate value where possible.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Dixit @ 408-512-2366
- 5+ years of technical design/development / system implementation /consulting experience in retail space with emphasis on POS and merchandizing systems. Proven record of implementing and upgrading X-Store POS application a must and awareness of merchandizing systems a solid plus.
- Solid hands on expertise with Oracle X-Store/POS application configuration and development a must. Strong familiarity with Xcenter/XAdmin/XMobile a must.
- Experience in handling promotions and deals in POS.
- Experience in deployment is a plus.
- Expertise in X-Store configuration management and Java a must. Demonstrated experience in building new workflows using X-Store constructs a strong plus.
- Solid domain knowledge of business processes in retail needed.
- Solid problem solving skills, good eye for speed vs value tradeoffs and crisp execution a must.