Senior Software Engineer: 24-00209
New York, NY 10036 US
Primary Skills: Java, Spring, Web flux, APIs, Graph QL, AWS, Spinnaker, Kubernetes
Duration: 18+ months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Location: New York, NY (5 days On site)
Pay range:$85.16 - $90.25 Per Hour
TALK to a recruiter NOW: CONTACT Mrunali @ 408-907-2234
“Grow your skills by working with best industry leaders”.
This role involves working with internal engineering teams to handle data aggregation and provide data into the commerce world through APIs. The key responsibilities include understanding business requirements, architecting and developing a future-proof API layer, crafting robust API contracts and microservices, mentoring junior engineers, and ensuring the end-to-end software development lifecycle. The must-have skills for this role are strong code design and architectural skills, API design experience, strong programming and scripting skills, familiarity with SQL, and outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Architect and develop a future proof API layer that exposes the commerce lifecycle platform capabilities to clients.
- Craft and Develop robust API contracts and scalable microservices for internal clients.
- As a lead engineer, you will define technical proposals and orchestrate the high-level design and system flow between clients and backend systems.
- Understand key dependencies such as the core subscription, billing, and payment systems and how they will affect clients.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end software development lifecycle for our systems:Conceptualize, design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, measure performance.
- Collaborate with the Product team to translate requirements into well-defined technical and implementation.
- Define technical and operational critical metrics to measure system health.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- End Client is internal engineering teams. This team handles data aggregation and provides data into commerce world powered thru APIs. Commerce experience is a nice to have.
- Strong code design and architectural skills
- API design experience (authoring and providing feedback) with stakeholders
- Strong programming (Java or other related programming languages) and scripting skills, familiarity with SQL
- Experience with Spinnaker and Kubernetes, Spring Webflux or Reactive programming in Java
- Experience with GraphQL (implementation and integration)
- Quality-first demeanor with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
CALL NOW: Mrunali@ 408-907-2234
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. Akraya was recently voted as a 2021 Best Staffing Firm to Temp for by Staffing Industry Analysts and voted by our employees and consultants as a 2022 Glassdoor Best Places to Work.