Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11057092
Akraya is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Backend for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Vipul at 408-512-2357; If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Java/ Go/ C++, SOA and Kubernetes, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig
Duration: Full time
We are on a quest to build the most flexible and scalable data marketplace. The platform underlying the marketplace ingests, analyzes, enriches and transforms tens of petabytes of data and then delivers the enriched data to our customers. Powering it is a massive Hadoop cluster with over 80K cores and counting. The cluster hosts over 90 petabytes of data.
- Help lead your fellow engineers as they tackle challenging problems such as implementing SOA and Kubernetes at scale, building our new cloud platform, and migrating our data tier to GCP
- Work on a massively scalable segmentation engine that performs real time segmentation with accurate counts for people based marketing. If you enjoy advanced query processing engines, indexing strategies, and database engines in general, this could be a fit
- Contribute to a high volume, low latency engine that activates targeted data on our customer platforms. This engine counts, filters and joins massive sets of data to efficiently deliver results that provide the highest quality match and reach for our customers. Implement innovative counting algorithms and efficient joins for massive data sets
- Have 5+ years of experience writing and deploying production code
- You love mentoring junior engineers, and deploying best practices
- Strong ability to abstract complex problems to their essential components and design and implement elegant solutions for them
- Extensive experience with data processing platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig
- Solid understanding of large scale query processing systems
- Proficient in one or more of Java, Go, C++
- Experience with document databases such as MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, Aerospike
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and APIs
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Vipul at # 408-512-2357
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.