Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12602589
Primary Skills: Design, Development & Implemention, SOA /Microservices, Docker & Kubernetes, Excellent Coding skills
Duration: 06 Months + (Contract to Hire)
Contract Type: W2 Only
Location: Santa Clara, CA and Pasadena, CA
This position will be developing code in foundation of cloud platform architecture that provides a framework for users and developers to run their own microservice or SaaS apprications. The ideal candidate for this position will also have experience with PaaS platform development. Provides technical leadership for those involved in the development, design and optimization of one or more information technology and systems functions of CLIENT cloud software engineering.
The candidate must:
- Lead for designing architecture for an organization on an enterprise level supporting national and regional future and present computing needs for CLIENT Cloud Software engineering at ECT.
- Responsible for the modernization of current technology infrastructure and future business expansion plans.
- Design, architect and manage software infrastructure frameworks focused on the transactional tier and its related componentry like microservices.
- Keep up with current technologies leveraging Docker, Kubernetes or other deployment techniques.
- Investigate production security problems, perform root-cause analysis and create detailed, high-quality reports on remediation strategies.
- Be a quick learner, able to resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves system security and performance.
- Demonstrate technical maturity and the ability to take a technical leadership role.
- Be proficient in all phases of the software life cycle, including gathering requirements, writing functional specifications, writing design specifications, coding, debugging, testing and documentation for Cloud Software Engineering.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Background / Experience Skills Required:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. - Master is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience for cloud software development.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with solving problems and delivering high quality results in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and self sufficient Skills to demonstrate technical maturity and the ability to take a leadership role at the project level.
- Must have hands on experience supporting delivery through Agile methodologies
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Microservices architecture, RESTfull API.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, etc.)
- Familiarity with building or supporting AWS, Azure based solutions.
- Experience working with automated build systems (Jenkins)
- Experience with Linux platform.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Shashank at 408-512-2427
- Language Skills: Excellent English written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic Math
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role with ability to train and disseminate information to other engineers as an extended virtual team.
- The ability to display strength working closely with other team members, managers and clients is a key element of this position. In-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s) and in-depth technical knowledge in at least one area of specialization/solution.
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and add value & leadership as a team member for the team.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Ability to train and disseminate technical and competitive information within area of expertise.
- Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.