Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
Duration: 6 Months+
Contract Type: W2
The responsibilities will entail these core functions:
- Hands-on design, analysis and troubleshooting of highly-distributed large-scale production systems
- Ownership of reliability, uptime, capacity- and performance analysis thereof
- Ensuring the repeatability, traceability, and transparency of our infrastructure automation.
- Identifying highest-impact opportunities to optimize existing systems.
- System design consulting for teams seeking to leverage or improve their production infrastructure.
- Anticipate, build and plan capacity for upcoming product/feature launches
- Possess a strong desire to learn the environment with ability and focus to improve it
- The ideal candidate shall possess (or demonstrate competencies to learn) these diverse skills:
- Experience in understanding the simplest solution, and focusing on the most effective technique to resolve a problem, while respecting time commitments and infrastructure constraints.
- Experience tuning and managing applications running on Linux, AWS, and Windows VMs, including OS-level commands for monitoring.
- Experience with on-call technical troubleshooting and research, assessing customer impact, and translating to impact / severity.
- Experience with scripting languages, specifically BSH(required), or Python
- Experience in exceptional problem solving, analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Experience in Distributed system diagnostic methods, monitoring and instrumentation technologies.
- Experience in version control strategies such as Github.
- Experience with relational database technologies (MySQL, Oracle, SQL, JDBC, connection pooling).
- Experience with APM toolsets such as New Relic (preferred) or Dynatrace to instrument and troubleshoot application issues.
- Knowledge of n-tier application architecture, deployment infrastructure, and network topology: F5, Switches, Routers, TCP/IP routing, DDOS prevention, NICs
- Knowledge of Authentication and authorization standards such as SAML, JWT, OAuth, OpenID, WS-Federation, OKTA.
- Knowledge of SDLC of Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles, design patterns, application architectures, unit, integration, and system testing strategies.
- Knowledge of middleware caching strategies such as Redis, Couchbase, ElastiCache
- Knowledge of object data stores: S3, RabbitMQ or similar tools.
- Knowledge of basic search infrastructure: SOLR, ElastiSearch.
- Knowledge of web application middleware: Tomcat, Apache, or similar technologies
- Knowledge of synthetic transactional monitoring via scripting (Selenium, Ruby/Cucumber, NeuStar, Gomez, New Relic or similar technologies)
- Knowledge of how to engineer solutions in the most clear, concise and optimal way possible based on time and other constraints; coordinate best development approach with Architects, Engineers, Database Developers, and others.
- Knowledge of the layers of connectivity from a service call to the DB, transaction control, isolation level, etc.; review existing code and recommend refactoring where applicable
- Knowledge of build lifecycle and release management: Continuous Integration and Deployment, Jenkins, GIT, SVN, CVS, Sonar, Puppet, Chef, Capistrano, CloudFormation, or similar technologies
- Knowledge of AWS services such as: EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, Kinesis, ELB, Scaling Groups, and storage options.
- Knowledge of application and infrastructure security: Vulnerability scans, port scans, wireshark, Nessus, Whitehat, or similar.
- Knowledge of these skills will be considered a plus: Maven, ANT, Quartz, Spring, SpringBoot.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Srikanth at 408-907-6419.
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.