Primary Skills: Oracle Administration, Design and implementation
Duration: 6+ Months
Contract Type: W2 or C2C
To follow up with any questions, please contact Pushpendra at 408-816-2400
- Oracle database 10g /11g / 12c install / upgrade or migration experience.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products.
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Take care of the Database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Recommend application tuning and performance monitoring
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Plan for growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support when required
- Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams
- Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
- Patch Management and Version Control.
- Good knowledge with DBMS packages Skills Requirement.
- Good understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools
- A good understanding of the underlying operating system.
- A good knowledge of the physical database design.
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring.
- Knowledge of ALL Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- A good knowledge of Oracle data integrity.
- Experience with code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A sound knowledge of both database and system performance tuning.
- DBA should have strong communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.
- Provide a strategic database direction for the organization.
- DBA should have the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.