Primary Skills: STP, VTP, VLANs, and Cisco Nexus series, Security protocols SSL, VPN and IPSec/NAT
Duration: 3 Months with possible extension
Contract Type: W2 Only
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent. Cisco CCNP or CCIE certification is a big plus.
- Network architecture design and continuing improvement, installation and software version control/revision on all network equipment.
- Install, configure and maintain Cisco networking hardware such as IOS, NXOS based Catalyst and Nexus Switches, Wireless Access Points, Cisco, Juniper routers, Cisco and Juniper Firewall, Cisco IPSec VPN and Juniper SSL VPN, Cisco FCoE, and Cisco and Palo Alto IDS/IPS etc.
- Ensure high availability, reliability, and optimal performance of network systems and services.
- Monitor performance and provide capacity analysis/planning and be able to be part of a 24x7x365 on call rotation.
- Evaluate new technologies and support decision-making process and long-term technical direction.
- Experience and understanding of the following Data Center technologies is a must: Cisco Nexus data center architecture, Cisco FCoE, Cisco Fiber Interconnect, Cisco Unified Computing, Cisco ASA firewall and Firepower, and Cisco Routers with MPLS and private lines
- Extensive experience on layer 2 protocols like STP, VTP, VLANs, and Cisco Nexus series. Routing protocols like OSPF, BGP and EIGRP, security protocols SSL, VPN and IPSec/NAT is required.
- Extensive experience managing VPN using IPsec & GRE to configure and troubleshoot VPN backup. Security protocols SSL, VPN and IPSec/NAT is required.
- Understanding and hands on experience with QoS, multicast, and NAC is a plus
- Hands on experience with Riverbed Steelhead and SteelFusion
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager, Contact Center and Unity Connection is a plus
- Minimum of 5 year hands on experience in network engineering is required.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Vaibhav at 408-512-2355
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.