Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12227151
Akraya is looking for a Senior Network Engineer III for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Partha at 408-512-3153.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: STP, VTP, VLANs, and Cisco Nexus series, Security protocols SSL, VPN and IPSec/NAT
Duration: 3 Months with possible extension
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Network architecture design and continuing improvement, installation and software version control/revision on all network equipment.
- Install, configure and maintain Cisco networking hardware such as IOS, NXOS based Catalyst and Nexus Switches, Wireless Access Points, Cisco, Juniper routers, Cisco and Juniper Firewall, Cisco IPSec VPN and Juniper SSL VPN, Cisco FCoE, and Cisco and Palo Alto IDS/IPS etc.
- Ensure high availability, reliability, and optimal performance of network systems and services.
- Monitor performance and provide capacity analysis/planning and be able to be part of a 24x7x365 on call rotation.
- Evaluate new technologies and support decision-making process and long-term technical direction.
- Provide project and vendor management as needed.
- Experience and understanding of the following Data Center technologies is a must: Cisco Nexus data center architecture, Cisco FCoE, Cisco Fiber Interconnect, Cisco Unified Computing, Cisco ASA firewall and Firepower, and Cisco Routers with MPLS and private lines
- Extensive experience on layer 2 protocols like STP, VTP, VLANs, and Cisco Nexus series. Routing protocols like OSPF, BGP and EIGRP, security protocols SSL, VPN and IPSec/NAT is required.
- Extensive experience managing VPN using IPsec & GRE to configure and troubleshoot VPN backup. Security protocols SSL, VPN and IPSec/NAT is required.
- Understanding and hands on experience with QoS, multicast, and NAC is a plus
- Hands on experience with Riverbed Steelhead and SteelFusion
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager, Contact Center and Unity Connection is a plus
- Provides mentorship to entry/junior level team members.
- Minimum of 5 year hands on experience in network engineering is required.
- Strong ability to identify, determine and document customer requirements
- Solid written and verbal communication proficiencies, quick learning abilities and self-motivated team player.
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent. Cisco CCNP or CCIE certification is a big plus.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and IPv4.
- Layer 2 Technology, STP, VTP, Layer 2 VLAN, IGMP, Etherchannel, VSS, 802.1q trunking
- LAN Switching and WLAN.
- Layer 3 Technology, OSFP, BGP, EIGRP, QoS, VRF, HSRP/GLBP, NAC, and multicast.
- Wireless Technology, Exterprise 802.11 wireless, CAPWAP, FlexConnect.
- Security Technology, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, TACACS, NAT.
- WAN Technologies, Dedicated Circuit, Layer2 / Layer3 MPLS, WAN Optimization, SD-WAN.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Partha @ 408-512-3153
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.